View Single Post
Old
05-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur View Post
I really doubt a team would sign a player just for that reason, it is even not a factor, imo. The Habs organisation is too serious to do this kind of "lobbying", it isn't a good partnership for the player they just signed...
Don't think they meant that he ONLY signed him for McDo. But that it could help if they had to be interested in Ryan and that when decided to sign him, they had that in mind AS WELL.

Villeneuve said that McDonagh was devastated by the news of him being traded.

Again, take it with a definite grain of salt. Though Villeneuve had ahead of everyone the idea that the Habs were interested in Pouliot in 2008, I doubt that he knows exactly how McDo felt about that trade. I know that he was in shocked based on the fact that he was traded period. Not sure that it was all about the mighty Habs traded me, my life isn't worth anything no more....You'd think that the Rangers would be a fine fit unless....Tortorella isn't. Yet, there are other teams out there for him that he could right on the spot be on a top 6. And the Habs aren't one of them.

But I'd be TOTALLY fine with him coming back. His addition would put him back amongst the top of our prospects list.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote