View Single Post
Old
05-28-2010, 10:01 AM
angry pirate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
I'm not saying that I wouldn't raise ticket prices, did you read my posts?

I am saying that what Geoff Molson is saying ( that ticket prices are going up is a direct result of the economy ) is BS. Inflation is not 6% +

Ticket prices are going up because of supply and demand - but as an owner, it's easier to blame it on inflation.
Blaming it on the economy and blaming it on inflation are separate issues. Inflation is just a single aspect of what our economy encompasses. If we say inflation is 3% which actually might be understating it a bit this year but it is the accepted average for a usual year. Than they are raising ticket prices by about 3% as profit. What the Molson's mean by saying they are raising based on the economy is; During a recession people are less likely to spend their disposable income and more likely too save it. It appears that we may be on our way out of this recession so as people start to tone down saving and begin to spend more we'll see prices begin to rise. It won't just be ticket prices. We've seen massive sales almost year round at lots of different stores, those are going to start winding down too. Molson's are predicting that people are going to be willing to spend more of their disposable income next year and have raised ticket prices accordingly. It sucks for us, but it's normal. I'm middle class but paid 325 bucks for a 100 (estimate, can't remember the exact price) dollar playoff ticket. so them raising the prices by 3% makes sense.

angry pirate is offline   Reply With Quote