Old
05-28-2010, 01:47 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
im not upset about it. i think he is fine as a 7th, but id like the ability to send him down. at this point he mightve gotten a cheap one way somewhere else. i dont think its out of place, and it shouldnt effect pothier - he is not signing for less than 2 mill anyway. it creates competition for borer, but i think we all know he has to prove himself a little more anyway. i know technically you are only as strong as your weakest link, but in the canes case i think our weakness at d is up top. we need top 4 guys, and until we know for sure that jr's idea of top 4 is babs instead of pothier/ufa/trade we have to be patient. depth at defense is what gets you deep into the playoffs. harrison has his purpose and this move should only be judged when we know what our d will look like as a whole next season. its league minimum, the more guys we have at that rate the better long term for us, and gives us hope for more cash to spend in other areas. this is the roster spot guys like kaberle and wallin were taking up at a significantly higher price. your last two or three guys on d SHOULD be league minimums these days.

my big concern is picard. i would let him walk, he doesnt add anything at this point. i was unimpressed and he will likely command a lot more than 500k.
I really hope you're right on the Pothier front. I'm not that optimistic given what JR has been saying this offseason but I'm hopeful. Another year in the AHL for Borer as he recovers can't be a bad thing.

As for Picard, the required QO is 800K (I think, could be a bit more) and he was already on a one-way deal so he wouldn't be inclined to "pull a Tlusty" for the guaranteed money.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote