Thread: Confirmed with Link: Jay Harrison
View Single Post
Old
05-28-2010, 04:17 PM
totalkev

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Stall View Post
Did you really expect us to bring in any big name guys? We have way too many horrible contracts weighing us down. Next offseason is the offseason we may finally be able to do something in FA. And I'm pretty sure JR's rationale behind these signings isn't because he thought we would be become a better team because of them. We have holes on the roster to fill with limited resources to do it, so resigning guys internally or cheap FAs is what we have to do this year.
No, I don't expect big names, I also don't expect us to basically guarantee roster spots to journeymen AHLers, either. There's no need to give Jay Harrison a one-way contract. There are a thousand Jay Harrison's out there. Why intentionally hamstring yourself with a one-way contract?

And *this* offseason should have been our big offseason, with Ward, Walker, Corvo, Whitney, Cullen and Wallin coming off the books. It's not my fault JR gave Cole a ridiculous contract last summer that messed up this summer. It's not my fault he gave Brindy two too many years in 2006. JR is doing this to himself. Don't tell me we can't afford any big names. We can't afford them because JR keeps spending himself into a corner.

totalkev is offline   Reply With Quote