Thread: Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign D Yann Sauve
View Single Post
Old
05-28-2010, 06:36 PM
adamzilla

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MW View Post
All I want out of Sauve in his prime is a guy who is, on a consistent basis, reliable in his own zone regardless of the opposition (obviously within reason), isn't scared to thump a guy here and there, eats up second pairing minutes, and can make a good enough first pass to reliably get the play going in the right direction. If he achieves that, then the pick is a total success in my eyes. Anything more is a totally great bonus. If he falls short but still ends up as a reliable bottom pairing guy, I'm still not going to be upset.

If Connauton's development doesn't continue on this season's wall-like trajectory, the Canucks will need a guy they can play with him to mask his defensive issues. If Sauve can be that guy, and they can play behind Ehrhoff and Edler in a couple years, that's wonderful.
When you put it like that, it would definitely be great if all Sauve became was a defensive d-man, assuming he was a GOOD defensive d-man; since it gives you the opportunity to put a guy who's all out offense on his pairing.

adamzilla is offline   Reply With Quote