View Single Post
Old
05-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkbghockey View Post
Hope not, lot's of schools (and DIII schools don't have big staff like the major college hockey programs (i.e team doctors and dentists) land like I belive the major Jr teams do.

I don't think players are choosing between the NCAA and Major Jr. because they're choosing the cage or visor. If College Hockey Inc keeps raising the the overall profile of college hockey that'll be more successful than taking away the cage. Also college hockey rosters are set and unlike major jr and pro hockey there's no call ups if more players are injured (ie increase in facial and teeth injuries)
I disagree.I played high school hockey back in the late 70's and my senior year we were forced to wear cages.The sticks automatically came up and everybody was a tough guy. I've had my share of stitches and a broken nose but hey it's hockey.I just think it would clean up some of the cheap stuff after the whistle and if they want to drop the gloves let em do it.These guys who think they are tough with the cages on would think otherwise.