View Single Post
Old
05-28-2010, 10:21 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Alright, I really have no clue anymore...

Rinne is the clear cut No. 1 in Nashville. Beyond that positions 2-5 on the depth charts are murky...

Pickard needs to start at Milwaukee to advance his development. Lindback is committed to North America and should compete for a spot as Pekka's backup, but will likely start in Milwaukee splitting time with Pickard. Smith split starts with Robert Mayer (MTL) in Cincinnati (ECHL) this season and needs to move up for his development. Then of course we have Dekanich who was supposed to earn his way into the No. 2 spot last season, but was inconsistent and is at best in a competition there. Dex is an RFA this summer too, but is likely the backup behind Pekka to start next year...

Oops, did I forget Engren? I really like Engren and think he could be the best of the bunch next season, however...having signed only a two-year deal...will he be in North America next season or will he remain in Europe for the year?

Definitely a difficult situation with some tough choices ahead, but...I'd rather be in this position than have a bare cupboard...
maybe one gets traded along with a forward to a team that needs a goalie & a contract for a better upgrade @ forward ? ...

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote