View Single Post
Old
05-28-2010, 11:50 PM
sbkbghockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
I disagree.I played high school hockey back in the late 70's and my senior year we were forced to wear cages.The sticks automatically came up and everybody was a tough guy. I've had my share of stitches and a broken nose but hey it's hockey.I just think it would clean up some of the cheap stuff after the whistle and if they want to drop the gloves let em do it.These guys who think they are tough with the cages on would think otherwise.
70s are a lot different from today! There's not as much sticks coming up as people think and right now when it does it's not a big deal but when your star player is spilling blood all over the ice it's going to be a bigger deal. shots are a lot harder now with extensive training, new lighter stick tech, etc... and those lighter sticks are awesome for shots, controlling the puck, etc.. but they also tend to break a lot easier than wood. Another thing- teams like Nodak and some of the larger hockey schools have extensive training staff and team doctors but some of the smaller schools and DIII schools don't have nearly as much resources to cover extra doctors, dental work, and other facial injuries.