View Single Post
Old
05-29-2010, 08:46 AM
Melvin Udall

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcat1 View Post
I'm using Whitesnake's quote because, on 'Attaque 5' last night, it was mentioned that Ryan McDonagh is refusing to sign with the Rangers.

The comment was added that this would make the Higgins & McDonagh for Gomez & Pyatt trade a ridiculous steal for the Canadiens.

I suppose... the thing is that McDonagh is rated the Ranger's sixth best prospect. On top of that, he's rated their 5th best defensive prospect and a 7.5C. (That's quite a drop from when he was considered an 8.0B a couple of years ago.)

In any case, if it works out that the rumour does come to fruition, I don't know if it'd be as big a deal as is made to be.

Comments?
IMHO, the trading of Gomez by the Rangers looks more like a salary dump by NYR - (factoring in the issue of salary, looks like NYR got the better of that deal) considering that after they got rid of Gomez' albatross of a contract the Rangers signed Marian Gaborik who scored 42 goals and 86 points!

Enough said!

Regarding McDonagh's rating as the Ranger's sixth best prospect vs formerely being the HABS #1 rated prospect might bring the Habs drafting record into a clearer perspective.

After PK Suban and Halak - both now in the NHL, the prospect cupboard in Hab Land looks a little thin on talent to say the least.

So...........is Trevor Timmins really a great judge of hockey talent? Considering his track record I have strong doubts.

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote