View Single Post
Old
05-29-2010, 09:20 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kool Aid View Post
Regarding McDonagh's rating as the Ranger's sixth best prospect vs formerely being the HABS #1 rated prospect might bring the Habs drafting record into a clearer perspective.

After PK Suban and Halak - both now in the NHL, the prospect cupboard in Hab Land looks a little thin on talent to say the least.

So...........is Trevor Timmins really a great judge of hockey talent? Considering his track record I have strong doubts.
Well I do have my reservations as far as Timmins is concerned. But I think that McDo's rating is more a tribute to the Rangers "great" drafting more than Timmins bad one.

And then, HF ratings is indeed going with the "what have you do for me lately" theory. Both Sanguinetti and Heikkinen have had a short stint with the Rangers. And do fairly well in the AHL. So their results are easier to judge making them higher on the list.

But based on potential, McDo could be higher than Sanguinetti and Heikkinen at this point. But wouldn't be higher than their first 3 for sure and again, congrats to the great Rangers drafting.

Yet......let's be careful about HF ratings. We had the best prospect pool for how many years with not a lot to show for in the bigs....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote