View Single Post
Old
05-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Schooner Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I've heard the McDonagh refusing to sign report through Yvon Pedneault on CKAC. Then, Michel Villeneuve with Yvon Pedneault starting to put the Klubertanz scenario in the air wondering if it could be a reason for the signing.

Now, I wouldn't be surprised if Villeneuve thought McDonagh was going to be available as soon as this year. I mean the Klubertanz signing, if we let him go next year, won't have any effect on McDo if Kluber leaves and when McDo becomes available.

As far as not being that great of a prospect, I believe it's just a question of lowering our expectations. He might not be that great of a prospect based on the 2007 Timmins comments. But I still believe that he will be a serviceable player in the NHL in a few years.
The irony of Pednault talking about this is that Pednault didn't even know who McDonagh was when we drafted him. Pednault was so set on us getting Esposito that he didn't even do his homework on any of the other players despite being the RDS analyst for their draft show. I remember when he learned (through his media guide) that McDonagh was going to play for Wisconsin, he stated that he'll probably be a defense partner with Kyle Turris!!!

After that example of extreme laziness and incompetence from an analyst, I'll never believe anything that comes out of Pednault's mouth again. And people wonder why RDS fired this hack!

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote