View Single Post
Old
05-29-2010, 11:38 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
This is an interesting debate

Part of me says no big contracts but the thing is lets say they can get Marleau to play C. That fills a big hole. I really think he stays on the West coast though

Kovalchuk gives another legit thrreat

It could end up being a blessing in disguise because they then have to play younger cheaper players on

I pray that Drury would waive to Colorado. They are a good young team that coud benefit from a veteran leader. Lets say by some miracle he would waive and its somehing like Drury, Gilroy for Liles and a 2nd

I know everyone is on the Rozy bandwaggon but after the UFAs clear they could move him for a younger Dman that makes half his contract. Liles had a bad year but DZ and Liles would make a pretty solid PP unit........I know this may e a pipe dream but Sather is a trade genious so it makes me think it could go down
Marleau can't play C. The point is, he wouldn't match up against anyone basically. It would maybe be a draw between our 1st line C and the Islanders 1st line C -- and the rest of the east would have a edge on us.

You can have a rightwing who skates up and down the ice and does some good things every now and then -- but centers needs to battle with the center on the other team. Richards vs Marleau. Lecavalier vs Marleau. Crosby/Malkin vs Marleau. Bäckström vs Marleau.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote