Thread: Speculation: Salary Cap To Go Up By $2 Million
View Single Post
Old
05-29-2010, 12:52 PM
HockeyGuy1985*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Savvy Lee View Post
You guys do realize that 29 other teams also benefit from the spike?

Kovalchuk should go to LA. Less pressure and a team closer to becoming elite and Cup contending.

The Rangers are going to need as much money as possible to keep our young guys signed as they progress upwards.

Let our guys develop and then reward them with the money they deserve. Getting "rid" of the Gomez, Druy, Roszival and Redden contracts was the focus after two seasons ago, and it should remain the priority.

No to Volchenkov.
No to Frolov
No to Marleau

The only reason why I wouldnt mind signing Kovy is because guys like him (wingers with 40-plus goal consistency) are rarely available for nothing but money. No draft picks or assets are needed to plug in a guy who is guaranteed to score 40 and 80. And he and Gabby are both in their prime.

But that only happens if Redden is demoted and there are no plans to bring back Rosie and Drury.
I agree with most about LA, but I also think that Kovalchuk would be a focal point of this team along with Gaborik, and theyre much younger. Plus we have Lundqvist, which is a huuuuge edge.

We may have missed the playoffs by a shootout loss but LA only won two more games than we did (playoffs). Kovalchuk should realize hed be an integral piece, one of the bigger pieces to our puzzle than LA, and we arent that far off ourselves from becoming a really good team. We have some young studs coming up with already maturing talent.

HockeyGuy1985* is offline   Reply With Quote