View Single Post
Old
05-29-2010, 03:10 PM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
EDIT: I think a much more plausible concern is that he's not going to have a spot in the NHL for 2-3 years due to our defensive prospect depth. Thus, his train of thought is something along the lines of "why sign with the Rangers now and spend 2-3 years in Hartford when I can stay one year in Wisconsin and then jump right into the NHL with a team that doesn't have as many young d-men."
I doubt Girardi will be a Ranger long term, Roszival will be gone sooner than later, Redden's already as good as gone, and I don't see Sauer, Williams, Kundtratek or Potter or any of our second level defensive prospects panning out for the Rangers before they're moved. Gilroy doesn't get re-signed next season. That leaves you with

Staal-Del Zotto
Mcd-Sangs
?-?

We may have depth but the 4 guys I have penciled in are the only ones I get excited about actually making a difference int he NHL. Gilroy and Valentenko are the only other ones I think could have marginal impact.

These are all things I'm sure Mcd, his family, and his "family advisors" are well aware of. If McD is the real deal like everyone thinks he is, there shouldn't be any problem with him outshining the other prospects we have.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote