View Single Post
Old
05-30-2010, 06:37 PM
saywut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Once again, that's not how things work. The fact that the Islanders traded up from 26 to 16 has no bearing on the 16 to 12 trade other than the fact those picks in the former are no longer available in the latter. It's two separate entities. But (hypothetically) if the Wild were going to do take out the middle man like you suggested, I would want more for moving down 14 spots than what Columbus got. That's not enough to give away your highest asset.
So you think trading 12 for 16 and 77 was better than 12 for 26 37 62 92? I guess we disagree. Especially considering the guy we reached for at 16(Leddy), who many had as a 2nd round prospect. I look at 37 as a freebie pick(92 as well, but that aint much of a pick) compared to what we got, and we could have taken the Minnesotan there to please you guys(Budish).

I feel the difference between 12 and 16 was as great as the difference between 16 and 26, considering the depth of the draft(at 12 Kulikov and Kassian were the only guys I'd put above the next 15-20).

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote