Thread: Knee "popped"
View Single Post
Old
05-30-2010, 07:33 PM
Recast

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Recast
While we are on the subject of knees I'd like to throw out my situation and see what people say. A couple years ago [2-3] my right knee started popping. It didn't bother me at first, I only had to pop it maybe once every half hour or so. Then, maybe a year after my right knee started, my left started. Fast forward and about a year ago I went to my doctor and he sent me to get some MRI's done. High grade partial thickness tear of my ACL on my right knee and low grade on my left. I constantly have to kick my knees out [the right more than the left] to relieve pressure that I can feel inside my knee. It also, sucks big time trying to go from sitting or laying down on a floor to standing up.

I thought, "okay, well things are torn and that must mean surgery right?". Wrong. I went to an Orthopedic surgeon [is that the name?] and he told me that "some people's knees pop". I took a year off from playing hockey while I did some physical therapy type stuff. Nothing. I went on a cruise to the Carribbean with my g/f and for some reason for like the first two weeks we were back home my knees were ALMOST fine. They still popped, but not as much [WTF]. They slowly started to degrade to where they were when we left. So, my question to anyone is "what the hell do I do?" Has anyone ever heard of this? Do I have to live with it? My knees only bug me when I'm standing or sitting still. When I play hockey [I have HUGE knee pads that have a lot of support and protection] they don't bug me at all unless I'm standing in one position on the bench.

Recast is offline   Reply With Quote