View Single Post
Old
05-30-2010, 09:51 PM
BaseballCoach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
Ok, at least I see where you're coming from now.

While I don't think that Price really deserves more than $2 million a year, I think that he'll get it since free agents almost never take pay cuts (and Price made over $2 million last year). About the only way free agents take pay cuts is when they sucked so bad that no other NHL team wants them. And while Price never had a good season, he showed enough flashes of brilliance, and he has enough potential, that I can easily see a team offer sheeting him $2 million or more a season. I hope that I'm wrong, but there you go.

If you're right, then fine, bring Price back for a little over a $1 million per season. With him locked into a salary that low, his trade value goes up considerably because his cap hit is outstanding for a potential No. 1 goalie for another team.
Carey Price earned $850,000 last year. He had bonuses in his contract, that he did not earn, and which drove his cap hit up to $2.2M, at least initially. However, the Habs got the cap room back when Carey failed to make the bonuses.

A 1M contract is actually a raise for Carey, and it is for what he did in 07-08 and the first half of 08-09.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote