Thread: Proposal: Van-Phi
View Single Post
Old
05-31-2010, 01:29 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Duberstein View Post
depends what asham wants, if he wants a considerable raise then he is gone, if not why not keep him at about the same money?

this thread turned into a messy diaper kind of quickly, yes, you take the coburn for price deal and run lol.
I think Asham's fate rests entirely in how they feel about some of these young guys with the Phantoms. If they want to open up the roster a bit and create some flexibility at camp, then that's going to likely mean that Asham is not re-signed. There was a lot of noise during the spring that Homer was going to let some people walk this summer... and I figure Asham was one of 'em. Who knows how this playoff run will have changed their planning (if at all), but I'd say Asham is at best 50/50 for a contract offer.

Frankly, as was the discussion at the beginning of the year, you really don't need three guys like Carcillo, Asham, and Lappy... which isn't a knock on any of 'em. Obviously Lappy brings a lot more to the table than the others as far as situational play, but given that none of 'em are heavies... you can live without Asham, and replace him with maybe someone that's a bit more of a skater/skill guy. If they continue with three scoring lines philosophy, maybe you see Maroon or Legein there next year.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote