View Single Post
Old
05-31-2010, 06:40 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
So are they proposing that Finland Sweden will have the 2012 World's taken away from them? The one's which for example the city of Tampere are building a new arena for? Not to mention the 2014 Worlds in Belarus? Since there already binging agreements (and I'd imagine signed agreements), there would be a boat load crap hitting the fan, i.e. court cases.

Btw, I'm not seeing anything on that Nationalpost page. Do I need to turn off *******? 'Cause that's not happening.
Before you think too badly of the big bad NHL, it's undetermined how much of this is real and how much of it is just posturing. The source came from the Satellite Hotsove, the 2nd intermission show on CBC's Hockey Night in Canada where a panel discusses various league rumours & changes. It was also very much in response to the now infamous blog article from the IIHF Comunications Director bashing NHL'ers for not playing, which the panel emphasized left a lot of people very unhappy over here. Remember that for the most part we've only seen the fans bickering about it, very little detail has come from the league on it.

In that regard, I got the impression that it was almost like they were saying if you are going to complain our NHL'ers attending your World Championships, why don't we do it like this? Now don't take this completely the wrong way, it's not like they were having a bash fest on the IIHF, I'm not sure if you can watch it outside of Canada but they stuck up for the IIHF as much as they criticized it.

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote