View Single Post
Old
06-01-2010, 12:15 AM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
I think this is a positive development for Slovakia's 2011 World Championships, there is nothing else going on that year and the NHL participation should be pretty good.

With regards to long term, I think it would be ridiculous for Gary Bettman and the NHL to follow through on such threats. I don't think Canadians would have it. When young guns like Stamkos, Tavares, and Duchene don't make the playoffs, they don't want to just sit around for months. They want to represent their country.
Well just remember that the NHL doesn't own and/or can't dictate exactly what the players can and can't do, rather they have to negotiate with and mutually agree to conditions with the NHLPA. Like you suggest I highly doubt most players want to be denied the choice to play in an international competition is over, and if the players push for it in the upcoming CBA it isn't an issue the league would risk a strike/lockout on especially as they'd have no support from the fans. Don't count out the power of the NHLPA when it comes to league matters.

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote