View Single Post
Old
06-01-2010, 01:10 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic15 View Post
Dustin Byfuglien is a top six forward now? It's amazing what the media can tell people to think nowadays. I feel like I'm in Nazi Germany sometimes.

2009-10 Chicago NHL 82 17 17 34
2008-09 Chicago NHL 77 15 16 31
2007-08 Chicago NHL 67 19 17 36
Media? What the hell does the media have anything to do with this? How, or When did they tell us Dustin's a top-6 player?

I determined he was a top-6 player because of his skillset, size, and intangibles. Media has nothing to do with my opinion on Dustin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic15 View Post
You're right. When you have Dustin surrounded by Toews, Kane, Sharp, and Hossa he doesn't need to pot 20 goals. We need more scorers, then we can compliment them with some grinders.
Dustin's more than a grinder. And if he wasn't a top-6 player, why is he playing over more talented guys like Versteeg? Don't overlook, or ignore chemistry. Byf on a line with Gabs, Anisimov, Callahan, or Dubinsky would like good.

The real question here would be, is he the best choice for our team? And how much will we have to give up to acquire him?

I honestly don't know if he's the best choice. I think Steeg and Sharp would have more of a noticable impact on our team, due to the way it's been constructed.

Steeg scares me a bit, because I can totally picture him coming here and flopping. Sharp I like the most, but he'd be a 2 year rental.

I'd probably consider someone like Wheeler before Byfuglien, but would welcome both guys if we didn't overpay to acquire them.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote