View Single Post
Old
06-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion
Confirmed with Link:

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
He's a top 6 player on a stanley cup finalist, pushing Versteeg out of the top 6.

It's not all about stats, and the fact that he can put up ~20 goals and provide that physical edge, element of a power forward to the lineup makes him well worth it if you're not overpaying to get him.
We have a player like that, in Callahan.

Not a great goalscorer, not a playmaker, but provides so much good in various aspects of the game, that you have to play him over his peers.

Lisin is 10X more talented, and skilled than Callahan. But that doesn't make him the better hockey player. I think a similar argument can be made for Dustin. It's not just his point total, but everything else he does along the way. He creates room for his players. And when his players create opportunity's for him, he's shown he can finish.

Even when guys like Callahan, and Byfuglien are not scoring, they're still making a difference on the scoreboard. Those are the kind of hockey players I want on my team, even though we do have a more glaring need for a legit finisher/playmaker, than another two-way player that can play a physical game.

There's so much more to hockey than points. A lot of the dirty work that guys like Byfuglien do, benefit their teammates, and create opportunity's.

Our team last season couldn't score. We couldn't create either. We were pretty docile up front as well. Byfuglien can help all three of those areas.

Boom Boom Geoffrion is offline   Reply With Quote