Thread: Confirmed with Link: Canucks Sign F Anton Rodin
View Single Post
Old
06-01-2010, 07:37 PM
B-rock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by God View Post
You'll all look back on this thread in shame when every Gillis draft pick busts. Then what? THEN WHAT?
Then, personally I'd admit I was wrong...but it's honestly the first time since I've followed the Canucks that they've had a succession of legitimate prospects that have managed to achieve success following their draft year.

Nonis had a bad habit of infuriatingly going off the board for players that could have been selected with later picks...Ellington, White. Though, relative to his mentor he looked like a draft day genius.
Burke couldn't draft his way out of a wet paper bag...even when he did manage to make a good selection, his pigheaded ego got in the way. (Umberger) Burke's draft history is an abomination...

How you can fail to gain an NHL prospect from an entire draft, not once but multiple times is beyond me. I sometimes wonder if he actively chose to select players who wouldn't make it, to save money or something....Yes his Sedin swindle is worthy, as is Kesler, but beyond that...wow.

No wonder he was shown the door..good riddance.

B-rock is offline   Reply With Quote