View Single Post
Old
06-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
I'd trade for him, but only if it were for Gomez, either straight up or with a pick in the 3rd round or later...

Lecavalier, imo, is poised for a bounce back year next season, and i put my money on him returning to the 90-100pt plateau, playing at a level amongst the top players in the league.

People are so quick to write him off because of 2 "down" years, but in both seasons he spent considerable portions of his summer rehabing from surgery. He came into both years a step behind, and struggled to find his "A" game.

He's healthy this summer, and with the back-to-back disappointing seasons and the Olympic "snub" (even if he didn't deserve to be there, I'm sure he's still burning at being left off), I'm betting he has one of his best offseasons ever, and comes into the season ready to light it up.

in any case, even in sub-par seasons, Lecavalier is far more bang for the buck than Gomez is, and with our roster, he'd be a much better fit.

the contract is crazy long, but building around lecavalier for the next 4-5 seasons is a far better option than building around gomez (which simply isn't a possibility). If a player is going to eat up that kind of chunk of your budget, he needs to be a focal point, not a support/complementary player... unless your the blackhawks and you have 3-4 other star young players at the same position, making far less due to being on rfa contracts (campbell-keith-seabrook-hjarmalsson).

but unless we are sending gomez the other way, or we are sending gomez somewhere else without taking burdensome salary back, a one-for-one trade is the only way it would be worth getting him.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote