Thread: Speculation: Who Stays-Marleau or Nabokov?
View Single Post
Old
06-01-2010, 08:35 PM
JPavs8Clutchy*

vCash: 500
Who Stays-Marleau or Nabokov?

The elite first line forward or the elite goalie? According to The Mercury News, only one will stay. (Link:http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci...014?source=rss). Here's how I look at it. They each probably want around 5-6 Mil in salary. They each are elite. Marleau is the franchise forward. Nabokov is the franchise goalie. Now, they both have the "choke" label. I think Marleau is actually clutch, and Nabokov's not. Nabokov has arguably done a bit more in his career than Marleau. They're both inconsistent to a lesser degree. I don't know how to make a poll. Although Nabokov has had a better career, right now is what matters, and Marleau was our MVP this year. I remember Nabokov stealing the following games: @Detroit in a shootout he had 50 saves. @Calgary he had 38 saves Vs. Detroit (In the Po's) in game 5, I have only "bean" watching January, so I don't remember much. He laid an egg in the olympics (Which I didn't really watch much of excluding the gold medal game(That sucked when Pavelski almost scored in OT and then he like missed it or Luongo saved it, I can't remember which)). Nabokov was awful in the 3rd round IMO. I know we had a few defensive breakdowns, but the Ladd goal? That was not the D's fault. Both goals in game 1? Buff's was questionable, but the bouncer is his fault. Marleau had the NHL goals lead for a long time, and a slump (I believe it may have had to do with injuries) cost him the lead. He also has been sound defensively. He was bad in round 1 of the PO's (Injuries are my personal suspect.), good in round 2 (Both goals were GWG's, but the primary assist on each was from MR. Assist, Joe Thornton. In round 3, he was the best player on either team, and almost became the first player since Joe Pavelski in 2010 to have 3 consecutive 2-goal games (2 Goals in Game 2, 2 Goals in Game 3, 1 in Game 4.)

My Vote: Patrick Marleau as long as he is willing to sign for under 6.5 Mil.

My Vote: Patty

JPavs8Clutchy* is offline   Reply With Quote