Thread: Confirmed with Link: Canucks Sign F Anton Rodin
View Single Post
Old
06-01-2010, 11:12 PM
Proto

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless Canada View Post
I watched him play a WJC pre-tournament game against the Swiss in Weyburn, Sask., and in the Swedes' WJC opener against the Czechs. Now, we have to keep in mind the circumstances (a pre-tournament game, and a tournament game against the worst Czech team in years), but I was impressed with the kid's talent. I had forgotten he was a Canucks prospect, and I went into those games to watch Tedenby, Paajarvi-Svensson, Markstrom, Josefson, and the glut of talented Swedish defencemen. I came away really impressed with Rodin.

I think he'll be best-served with another year in Sweden. Then bring him over.

He's one of several quality young forwards in our system. If his game translates well to North American ice, he could be a productive secondary scorer.
With the way he's been mishandled and the amount of ice time he's receiving, I think another year in the SEL might be the worst thing possible for his development. His situation seems worse than Schroeder's was and I suspect we've seen this signing occur for the same reason.

I'd expect to see Rodin in the top 6 in Manitoba playing with Schroeder and Shirokov next season.

Proto is offline   Reply With Quote