View Single Post
Old
06-03-2010, 11:56 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
No, not three years, I would say two or 2 1/2. Marin isn't done with this team and for now he still may be a better coach than Boucher for all we know. It's not like we rode into the ECF on talent alone. Guy knows how it is, I doubt he will step on anyone's toes or get greedy.

It really comes down to what is best for him. Will he last in NJ or Colombus as head coach? Is it the ideal destination for considering how talented a coach he is? It's not like he was offered to coach the blackhawks or colorado with their insane pool of elite young stars.
Columbus would be the perfect place, I think. Low Key, no unreasonable expectations out of the gate, would get to shape Brassard and Voracek and could take credit for their games maturing. I think you are underestimating Columbus's prospects... We currently have 10 guys all recently drafted or traded for in the last few years that will be competing for 6 spots on defense in Springfield next season, including CHL D-man of the year Savard and last years first rounder, John Moore. Also, Nikita Filatov has said he will be returning for training camp and Matt Calvert should be a staple in Springfield.

Boucher could be a King in Columbus...

Also, can anyone confirm that Boucher is meeting with the media in Montreal today? It was posted on our local paper's jackets blog a few days ago but no real reason was given why.

Last edited by KeithBWhittington: 06-03-2010 at 12:14 PM.
KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote