Thread: Confirmed with Link: Boucher will meet the Jackets
View Single Post
Old
06-03-2010, 11:03 AM
shutehinside

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Even if the Molson are cheap, they would be willing to pay Carbo and Martin a total of 3 millions if it's to make the playoffs and make millions of profits.

On the top of my head, we fire Martin, hire Boucher and still pay a million bucks to Carbo. We make the playoffs...BANG, 10 millions of profits because of it.

10 - 3 = 7 millions of profits

Now, I'm not saying it will happen, but even if they are cheap, they won't let the team miss the playoffs for long...
The problem with your off the cusp scenario is that hiring Boucher won't guarentee a birth in the Cup Finals, the players would have to learn a new system after they spent all of last season coming together to learn Martin's, and the Molson's profit margin would still drop by $2M even if the Habs duplicate this years incredible play off run. Sorry but your idea makes no business sense and no logical sense.

For a guy who took us deeper in to the playoffs than any other coach since 93' and outcoached Bylsma and Boudreau you'd think he'd get a bit more respect than what he's getting. WHy throw him out when he's doing a great job for a completely unknown entity in Boucher? I'm sure he will be a good coach but who's to say it will be with the Habs right now?

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote