View Single Post
Old
06-03-2010, 01:12 PM
TankEller*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Keeping both is the only safe option right now. Let things sort themselves out next season. The slight risk there is that one of them could stunk it up and reduce his value. This is going to be very interesting to follow this summer.
The thing is... Goaltending is our strong position, and Price/Halak both are young and have a very good potential... I've said it again and again and I repeat it once again: We can't go into next season with the same lineup AND with the two same goaltenders, hoping for one of them to do what Halak did last season. If one or the other falls/doesn't get a lot of games, we'll end up losing him for not that much... We'll lose the chance to deal one of them away for a very good return, and all that, for one more year of having 2 goalies who we know are both capable of handling #1 duties.

I'm tired of that "go for the safer choice" mentality. Each and every ****ing time we've done so, we ended up in the loser side (Keeping Souray, not trading Higgins for Hossa, drafting "safe picks" such as Chipchura, Fisher, or yet, McDonagh/Pacioretty with 2 1st rounders in the same draft). At some point you've got to put yourself on the line and do what you think will end up being good for the team. And right now, I'd take a good top-6 players capable of playing 82 games before a guy who'd likely play 35 games for us next season.