View Single Post
Old
06-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Just look at how goons who have nothing else to contribute are being phased out and eliminated. Derek Boogaard provides nothing for Minnesota, other than some highlight reel footage. Brashear was signed to a fat contract and look where he wound up, in the minors. Same with Laraque who was kicked off of Montreal.

I grew up during the peak era of enforcers with McSorley, Probert, Ray, Twist, Domi, McCarthy, Grimson, etc., however, the game has evolved. The modern day fighters are the players like Neil, Ott, Avery, Carcillo, Lucic, Eager, Asham; middleweights who can play, agitate, and drop the mitts.

Clune is in that mold and from what the personnel has been saying about Westgarth, it sounds like they've been working on having him improve his play. Just look at how Parros can skate a regular shift without being a liability. I see Westgarth being our new Parros, who I thought played rather well when he was on a line with Derek Armstrong and Luc Robitaille.

I think Clune will get better as well. He showed some skills and has some playmaking ability, similar to the glimpses of talent we saw out of Avery when he wasn't acting like a fool.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote