View Single Post
Old
06-03-2010, 04:16 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalkev View Post
What's becoming apparent, is that there is quite a bit of debate about BPA at that point, with opinions ranging from one of the big three d-men (if he slips), Tarasenko, Niederreiter, Forbert, Granlund and now, Skinner. Even if you consider those guys gone, that still leaves us around the Merrill, Watson, Connolly range PLUS we may have a shot at another guy like Etem or Pysyk.

I think it's a no-brainer. Two No. 1s for one in a deep draft with no clearcut cutoff. I'd do this deal for one second-rounder, but not two.

There's no way Gudbrandson (hardly a sure thing) is worth Watson plus Pysyk. Or even worst case, Etem plus Tinordi.
Watson and Etem could very well be gone by 13 and Pysyk and Tinordi have a chance to go top 20. I know you were just using them as examples of what could happen but I think we're fine staying at 7 rather than doing this deal though. The difference between the players picked at 22 and 37 isn't really that big, IMO. I think there are about 15-20 surefire 1st rounders, after that it's really a crapshoot.

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote