View Single Post
Old
03-15-2005, 08:17 PM
King Blazer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
I think that bringing Konstantin to Manchester would be a good idea only if our coaching stuff believes he can play on one of the 2 scoring lines. Putting him on the 3rd or the 4th line makes no sense.

This said, I'm wondering if he's too early for him to play in the AHL. The Monarchs will have to handle some pressure in the playoff and it wouldn't be easy for a kid making his debut in such a clutch moment. Last season Kanko did well, but he was already used to the NA style and he's useful also on an energy line. On the other hand Konstantin, according to HF posters in Calgary, still has to learn a lot...
I wouldn't be surprised to see Pushkarev come to Manchester when the Calgary season is over. He'll get a chance to at least practice with the team during the playoffs and maybe get into a regular season game or two if Calgary is eliminated early. Lehoux was brought in a few years ago and played in one playoff game, Kanko played 6 regular season games and in the playoffs, Hogeboom played in 3 regular season games but not in the playoffs...I think they'll at least want to get him around the team during the playoffs...