Thread: Speculation: Who Stays-Marleau or Nabokov?
View Single Post
Old
06-04-2010, 01:15 AM
DROPxTHExGLOVES*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bridge View Post
Decent speed? No. Outside of Marleau, McGinn, Seto, occasionally JT, Mitchell, and occasionally Nichol, the Sharks forwards are relatively slow. You are correct that no one could move Butt****er from the front of the net. Look at how Pronger is doing it: by playing with a toe over the line. No Shark wanted to do that. Douglas Murray has the size but not the agility. Nabokov did not assert himself much to find the puck either.

Before you cry out for a slice of Turco, go ask Stars fans what they think of him.

Just go do it.

Alex Auld was in net for them for 21 games. They traded for Kari Lehtonen.

Go ask.
The 5+ names you mentioned above qualify as decent speed IMO, which I credited to them. Nowhere have I ever said that they have good speed, only decent speed which is backed up by 3yrs of finishing #1 in the West.

Like I said before. I am just throwing around ideas. I'm not the GM, so my individual opinion ultimatley means nothing. Turco seems like a good fit to me, perhaps an elite goalie isn't what we need. What if the Sharks perform better in the playoffs because Turco is backed with a solid D and we dont have the pressure of being the #1 seed and the label of being chokers anymore? Just something to chew on, because I am sick of seeing Pacific Division Ttitles being bittersweetly dropped from the tank rafters every October.

DROPxTHExGLOVES* is offline   Reply With Quote