Thread: Speculation: Who Stays-Marleau or Nabokov?
View Single Post
Old
06-04-2010, 02:02 AM
DROPxTHExGLOVES*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
The Sharks didn't implement that defense because the coaching staff chose not to...not because they aren't mentally tough. They didn't want a second body screening Nabokov. Plain and simple. It isn't a lack of mental toughness. Won't argue past that because I feel that mental toughness is too easy of a crutch for criticizers to point to. It wasn't a problem with this team in these playoffs.

They definitely need to get faster up front and on the blue line. I don't feel they need to get tougher at all. They were fine in that regard and it's overrated and overstated on these boards anyway. Most people don't even know what they're talking about with it.
If that was the case, then shame on the coaching staff for not even attempting to try it. It sure is a better idea than just leaving Buffy The Shark Slayer's A** right in Nabby's face with no help whatsoever. Perhaps the coaches tried to tell the players this, but all of them failed in doing so because they were too busy habitually chasing the puck instead of standing their ground and trying to block it when it comes in their zone. I think that could be considered being mentally disciplined and tough.

I guess this is where we agree to disagree. Who is there to truly fear on the Sharks roster, Doug Murray? Not good enough IMO. After all, this is all just opinion.

DROPxTHExGLOVES* is offline   Reply With Quote