View Single Post
Old
03-15-2005, 09:35 PM
BM67

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BM67
Has Clark ever put a puck through the boards at MLG? Have you ever driven a goalie into the back of the net with one of your shots? The answer to both for Conacher is yes.

"He had everything. To begin with, his wrist shot was tremendous. He once blasted a puck through the boards at Maple Leaf Gardens. And he could score from anywhere - out near the blue line or in close to the net. I'll still maintain that, mechanically speaking, he was the best hockey player I ever saw." - Frank Selke on Charlie Conacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_00
I like the wrist shot better anyways because for me personally it's a more accurate shot....the problem with the slapshots is in some cases it might be a harder shot then the wristshot but because it's not as accurate, when some average hockey player winds up with a slapshot instead of getting it right on Net the shot either ends up somewhere in the stands or sometimes even by accident it hits the goalie in the head which is what happened to Jacques Plante when he got hit in the face with a puck...and then soon afterwards more goalies starting to follow suit and wear masks themselves like Plante did and today nobody in the NHL minds the Net without face and head protection.
Could someone please explain what this has to do with what I said???