Thread: Speculation: Who Stays-Marleau or Nabokov?
View Single Post
Old
06-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Esoteric Ubiquity*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DROPxTHExGLOVES View Post
The 5+ names you mentioned above qualify as decent speed IMO, which I credited to them. Nowhere have I ever said that they have good speed, only decent speed which is backed up by 3yrs of finishing #1 in the West.

Like I said before. I am just throwing around ideas. I'm not the GM, so my individual opinion ultimatley means nothing. Turco seems like a good fit to me, perhaps an elite goalie isn't what we need. What if the Sharks perform better in the playoffs because Turco is backed with a solid D and we dont have the pressure of being the #1 seed and the label of being chokers anymore? Just something to chew on, because I am sick of seeing Pacific Division Ttitles being bittersweetly dropped from the tank rafters every October.
I don't know why you and a couple other posters seem to think Marty Turco is the answer for the Sharks in net. The Stars traded for Alex Auld and Kari Lehtonen last season rather than put Turco in net. That D had better be more than solid.

I don't really see that as decent speed. It's spread around the forward lines and each line has a bit of an albatross on it.

Esoteric Ubiquity* is offline   Reply With Quote