View Single Post
Old
06-04-2010, 03:40 PM
TankEller*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chpartisan View Post
I guess you want to trade Price?

For now, none of those teams seem desperate enough to generate a good return. St-Louis seems to have cap space and can sign a UFA and wait. Edmonton seems like a good candidate but they need to get rid of Khabibulin first, no? San Jose have some good goalies in their system, they could always get a UFA to serve as a temporary solution and mentor.

I think it's a need not a luxury as mentioned before. Of course, if they can get a very good return for either one than they should risk it.

The Darche "experiment" clearly illustrates your point and I do agree that we need a top 6 winger (with size). Even if they do get one, it won't change the fact that Montreal will be a defensive team that relies heavily on great goaltending.
My #1 choice would be to deal Price away and keep Halak. HOWEVER, I'd rather see the organization dealing Halak than keeping both goalies. You can't rely on two very good assets when one is not playing in the playoffs, and not playing for about 50 games in the season.

That's a question of philosophy. I gave the organization the benifice of the doubt as far as UFAs like Souray, Streit and Komisarek went away for nothing but cap space. We needed them, although Souray's situation is arguable.

However, you CAN'T keep two assets, two assets likely to fetch you a very good return, when one of them isn't even going to be playing if we make it to the playoffs.