Thread: Speculation: Who Stays-Marleau or Nabokov?
View Single Post
Old
06-04-2010, 03:48 PM
DROPxTHExGLOVES*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
And putting another body in front of Nabokov is just making it worse than it has to be. That's the choice coaches make when gameplanning. There's nothing wrong with that choice because it worked against Tomas Holmstrom. They were able to cut off the Wings attack before it got to the net for the most part. They didn't against Chicago. That's pretty much what it comes to. And the resolution for that is adding more speed to the lineup because that was where they consistently got beat.

Nobody fears Douglas Murray when you can just skate around him. This whole toughness spiel is vastly overrated. Toughness only matters when the skills and the speed match up. Toughness doesn't overcome a skill or speed deficiency. The toughest group of players in the world is going to get destroyed on the scoreboard by a team that is faster and more skilled than they are.
So Nabby is expected to make quality saves with another players A** right infront of his face? I respectfully disagree with that, they should have at least tried it before tossing the idea aside. It might have worked since the Sharks were slow to cut off the Hawks. I'm not saying speed wasnt a problem, but I stand by my opinion that the Sharks are just not strong/physical = Tough enough.

Perhaps it is a tad bit overated, but none the less it has its place in Hockey or it wouldnt get mentioned. Hockey is a tough guys sport and that is a fact. Knowing your going to get hit in the corner when collecting loose pucks exc. Comparing speed to toughness is like comparing apples and oranges, it just doesnt make sense. Both are needed to gain success.

Good conversation though.... Go Sharks!

DROPxTHExGLOVES* is offline   Reply With Quote