View Single Post
Old
06-05-2010, 01:58 PM
TasteofFlames

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Dawg View Post
I would agree with you if BP did not have thousands of employees that would also be effected. This is a mess and needs to be resolved as soon as possible. I blame BP and I blame the government. They should have stepped in on day one and said we are going be overseeing this until it is resolved. They should have got the Army involved and started containment and clean up. They should have told BP that they will oversee the clean up and containment and send BP the bill.
And what of the thousands of people who's livelihood is taking a hit currently because of the spill? Sorry, as someone studying fisheries management, the whole oil spill thing really gets my goat. I'm watching my dream job fade into an iridescent black muck.

I would like to know what happened to all of the National Guard reserves that we supposedly had. Certainly they can't ALL be in Iraq right now. USA disaster relief = ****...across the board.

Another thing that surprises me is that BP hasn't been as gung ho in fixing the problem as I would have expected. I figure every gallon of oil that flows out of that hole is money lost for them. At the very least plug the damn hole!