View Single Post
Old
06-06-2010, 08:14 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRJE View Post
Somehow, I don't buy Sather's comment about contracts not being a factor in whether players make the squad or not.

Gratchev was on the bubble last year and hopefully he has improved enough to make the team out of camp.

Stepan, if he can impress enough, be signed, and earn a job out of camp would fill our need for a playmaking center. Apart from that, I think that trying to acquire a top line center (either via trade or a signing - "if it makes sense" of course) should be a high on the list IMO.

Prospal and Shelley are old guys and we may be able to do without them. They'll be blocking the way for younger players.

Hamhuis would be a cheaper, and better, alternative to Redden. He's a good skater and we could use more mobility on the blueline. Volchenkov would be huge but in light of Slat's free agency comment and our lack of cap space, this signing would not be likely.
Shelley isn't blocking anyone except for maybe Soryal--that is unless you think we don't need a fighter. Personally I do. I'd have no problem bringing Jody back for the right amount of money. The way he and Prust were playing with Anisimov towards the end of the season I'd be inclined to keep that line together. Want someone younger than Shelley?--go after Booggard but don't expect anything other than the fighting.

As for Prospal--if Stepan doesn't sign and/or needs more development he's a realistic option. Rangers don't have any worthwhile scoring centers in the AHL.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote