View Single Post
Old
06-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Very happy he won't get rid of the youth and will let the youth take spots on the roster... At least he says that.

Shouldn't bother wasting valuable cap space on fringe players like Shelley and Prust. The honeymoon phase will wear off very quickly.

There is absolutely no reason at all that Shelley and Prust should be considered ahead of Byers and Weise who are younger, and more skilled offensively. This is the contradiction with what Sather is saying, how would our young guys get first crack (like he says) if he's going to clog up all the spots with fringe meaningless 4th and 3rd line players.

And Prospal will be a mistake if its anything more then ONE year. He only took the deal he did last year because he was still being paid substantially by Tampa Bay.
AA said his play improved at the end of the year because he felt comfortable playing with Shelley and Prust, he felt protected and they did a lot of the board work allowing him to get open and finish chances. We havent had a line like that since the HBO line and even they never produced points like the SAP line during the stretch run.

Prust did what Avery could not do consistently, put up points, forecheck, stand up for teammates and avoid the penalty box. I am all for Prust being brought back, just hopefully on a proper 4th line role with Shelley

as for Prospal, he still has another year or two of collecting money from Tampa Bay, I kind of figured he was on the way out to be honest. I don't think he was at 100% during the stretch run and it showed just like it did for Gaborik and Christensen. If he is willing to take 1.5 million for a year then he can come back IMO, but as has been stated in other threads, he may be looking to get a bigger increase considering it may be the end for him, if thats the case I'd rather we trade for Wheeler or Versteeg.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote