View Single Post
Old
06-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Ke11y96

vCash: 500
"...If we can improve with a signing that makes sense, we’ll look into it, but we want to give our guys the first shot.”

With all the talk of staying in the team, and not over paying for free agents is this Glen the Masterful Trading time? With Rozy having some value due to his salary vs cap number, and the still likely maneuver of Redden to the minors, is Glen referring to a shallow free agency crop and perhaps looking else where? I think its fair to say one of Gilroy or Sanguinetti will be moved, for what idk, however paired with a second round pick could bring back a winger.

If the list of young guys and roster players not moving are as follows where are the holes?

Dubinsky- Christensen/UFA/Trade?-Gaborik
Grachev/UFA/Prospal?-Anisimov-MZA
Avery - Drury - Callahan
Shelley - Boyle - Prust

So as to where the placement of Weise or Byers fit I'm not to sure. I'm not sure but can't MZA play either wing? So first line center if they management doesn't think Christensen will be the answer for a full season. With potential of throwing Stepan to the wolves if he signs..

Staal-UFA
Del Zotto - Girardi
McDonagh-Sangs/Gilroy/Sauer/Valentenko/UFA/

Lundqvist
Hedberg (I'm willing to bet a veteran swede that plays great at the garden is a guaranteed signing)

I think if he can move Rozy for a draft pick he will and end up signing Volchenkov for the 5 million he paid Rozy giving us a great shut down pair in Staal and Volchenkov. I think the last Pair of D will be McDonagh I think he'll sign, along with the winner out of camp, but this also depends on a trade of perhaps one of those potential sixth D-men.

Personally It'll be interesting to see how its filled out, one more left winger, perhaps a top centerman, and a top four dman. The 12 million or so to spend will be enough to play with due to hopefully Redden's banishing to the minors because I highly doubt Staal & Girardi cost more combined than what Redden's 6.5.

Ke11y96 is offline   Reply With Quote