Thread: Claude Noel
View Single Post
Old
06-06-2010, 05:07 PM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeyh View Post
Food for thought regarding the PP: Erat has the puck so much because nobody else is moving. Wait.. WAIT.. let that sink in before you respond, think about it.

I'm for anything that could improve Nashville's special teams, but with Noel getting a taste of the head coach position, you have to wonder what he's thinking for his next move.
You have a few good points here. Here's my question, if the organization knows Noel has the tools to succeed as a head coach, does Trotz really want him here? Could he be viewed as a threat to take his job if things don't go well here? Also, if he's so valuable, he'll be gone in a season or two anyway if there are head coaching vacancies.

As far as Erat and the puck and lack of movement, this is one of my bigger complaints, lack of movement from guys with or without the puck. They don't have to be skating all over the place but move around some so that the defense actually has to work.

I'll coach the PP for nothing next year. OK, food, rent, gas money to and from the Sommet and the other basic bills but I'll do it for cheap. I will plant a guy in front of the net, no questions asked. If one guy won't do it, I'll find someone else that will. If you don't plant yourself in front of the net, you're off the PP. There need to be consequences with everything and that will be one of mine. Hornqvist has one slot, who'll be the other guy that wants to do it? I want to see guys stand up and take the bull by the horns. Let's see what they've got.

They'll work on faceoffs and controlling the puck off of the faceoff. They're gonna work on getting it to the point for quick shots while teams are trying to set up and we're gonna go for goals or rebounds off these point shots. If we can't get good shots, then we're gonna let the puck do the work until we find an open lane but if it goes back to the point more than 3 times without a shot, someone is getting an earful or pulled from the PP. I don't care who it is, you don't shoot you don't score, pretty simple. That's all for now.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote