View Single Post
Old
06-07-2010, 08:53 AM
totaltank

vCash: 500
This won't happen. There is simply no way. And I'm not even sure it's worthwhile. Luke talks about a 1-2-3 at center of Staal-Sutter-Seguin, which to me sets up a Penguins-like shortage of ice-time at center. Plus, don't we have very high hopes for Zac Dalpe?

Luke also keeps bringing up the price to move up to get Ladd. It's an apples-to-oranges comparison and is pretty much insulting to anybody who knows anything. The cost to trade up is relative to the players involved. It only cost Pittsburgh a tiny amount to move up from 3 to 1 to get Fleury in 2003 because there were three elite guys, and Florida wanted Horton. They knew Pittsburgh wanted Fleury and Carolina wanted Staal, so Pittsburgh didn't have to give much to move up. Carolina didn't have to give much to move from 8 to 4 in 2004 because Columbus didn't like the options at No. 4 (with good reason, that draft sucked after OV, Geno and, to a much lesser extent, Barker). Even Luke has to agree that the price to move up to get Andrew Ladd will be much less than the price to move up to get Tyler Seguin, no?

All of this basically guarantees the Canes will give up too much to get the Plymouth Whalers guy. This team frustrates me to no end.

totaltank is offline   Reply With Quote