View Single Post
Old
06-07-2010, 12:04 PM
bleedgreen

vCash: 500
i dont think he is a cancer. not sure i buy that. i just think he is a pretty bad defensive defenseman, who isnt a strong enough offensive defenseman to make up for it. he definitely was not a top 4 guy when he left - so it would surprise me if he was now. when he comes back ill try to stop belittling him as much and give him a chance. i was once on his bandwagon. my problem is, he is the least physical 6'4" dman ive ever seen - he has a very weak base that routinely gets knocked over by smaller players, has no footspeed in his own end and is indecisive back there as well. if we had a strong d core, he would be a nice luxury to throw out on the pp from time to time. his footspeed and lack of quickness getting his shot off is already known to other teams, so i dont think he is a legit top pp guy regardless of his 16 goals. if you cant stay in the lineup in the playoffs, how are you a top 4 guy?

he is being brought back because he fits the pay scale and the "youth movement" per jrs requirements. when the youth movement fails he can go back to vets and feel justified.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote