View Single Post
Old
06-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

vCash: 500
The Blue Jackets were also operating under these constraints towards the end of last year, after years of (admittedly) somewhat reckless FA spending and declining revenues (despite a fairly good team on paper).

I can attest that they are both reasonable and easy to work with, as long as you have your club's long-term health at heart. I made a series of moves designed to get my costs under $50 million last season, and to position my team for predictable cost certainty going forward. In the process I managed to win the Central Division title and lose out in the second round to a similarly-challenged Flames squad.

I'm now sitting with the most money I've had in my bank account in years (a respectable $19 milion) thanks to these cost management initiatives, some decent playoff gates and endorsements. This from a low of under $2 million at one point this season. I know next year will still be challenging, so I'll monitor things closely, but I encourage any team facing financial challenges to engage the assistance of the admin team and those GMs who have gone through this process. Tough decisions may be required, but it's infinitely preferable to having to step down from your team.

Ohio Jones is online now   Reply With Quote