View Single Post
Old
06-07-2010, 06:06 PM
WWAD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uclaw88 View Post
Can someone clear up something for me - Vagrant and a few others mentioned that in this draft the Canes are 7th in a 6 man race , so-to-speak. I had thought (according to JR) that there were at least 7 top picks - Hall, Seguin, Fowler, Gormley, Gudbranson, Connolly and Niederreiter - to be followed by Johansen and Granlund. Who is being knocked out of that top 7? Since Hall and Seguin are realistically out of reach, rather than burning our 2nd rounders, wouldn't one of the 3 defensemen or Connolly/Niederreiter be just as solid a pick for the Canes at #7?
I think most people have it more of a five man race, and the Canes will be picking from the leftovers of Connoly, Nino, Johansen and Granlund.

I can't think of a conceivable trade we could make to get one of the top two picks, and IMO none of the big 3 d-men are THAT much better to make it worthwhile trading up. Knowing our luck with drafting lottery pick defense-men, we would pick the one guy out of three that ends up getting ten concussions in juniors or something.

WWAD is offline   Reply With Quote