View Single Post
Old
06-07-2010, 11:42 PM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Not sure if you are referring to my post or others but I said 1 prospect, 1 pick, 1 top 9 more likely top 6. I think the DH trade from Ott last year is close, 2 top6's and a 2nd is pretty close imo, also the Ollie deal (to Calgary), hell even the the Kovi rental and Hossa rental(though different scenario's)

Also on the "2 top 10 picks" imo once a pick is made where is was made means little, that is to say you can value a Hickey/Schenn as top5 picks forever you have to judge them on currently value. What that is right now is up for debate that is just my opinion.
I was referring to the earlier proposal that got the new debate going, not yours necessarily. Your scenario is a lot more likely although I don't think Schenn would be available.

Ottawa didn't get two Top 6 players though. It's a huge reach to call Cheechoo a Top 6 guy anymore. But I agree that is a comparable trade, although I think Spezza is worth more than Heatley.

Agreed but Schenn still easily has the value he did when he was drafted. If in 3 years he's still toiling in the AHL, then yes, his value isn't what it is now but not even close to reaching that level yet. Hickey isn't worth a #4 pick again but he's still got a lot of value.