La - Bos
View Single Post
06-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston, MA
As a fan of the Kings I'm on that trade like a fat girl on cheesecake.
However, you're missing several important things about that trade.
1) The Bruins are in no position to be taking on any salary. They need to sign five to seven guys and have only about four million to do it with.
2) The "injury past" you refer to has to do with one vicious hit by Randy Jones. Williams is much more of a risk.
3) Bergeron is exceptionally cheap for the production he provides. He's younger than Stoll and has a history of producing more.
4) Bergeron is one of the best defensive centers in the game. There's a very good reason why he was picked for the Canadian Olympic team.
5) Bergeron is a huge locker room guy. If Chara wasn't captain Bergeron would be.
6) Bergeron is WILDLY popular in Boston. Chiarelli would be dragged out in the street and shot if he traded Bergeron under just about any circumstances.
To be perfectly honest I would say the Kings would have to throw in the third rounder rather than the Bruins to make that trade more equitable. Also youngblood, the trade you're talking about would be a premier first line winger. Williams doesn't fit that bill.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Chruceg