View Single Post
Old
06-08-2010, 01:08 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
If you can get something big for Burns, it makes sense. He's going to be a UFA in two years, and to this point has only had one really good season under his belt. I don't necessarily think that's blowing everything up.
But at the same time, what are you realistically going to get for him in a trade at this point? I'd say it's a good bet that player likely doesn't have the upside, combined with the youth and contract situation that Burns currently has.

This is just my opinion, but trading Burns for an upgrade up front really isn't going to take this team above and beyond where they're currently at. If you're building this team looking ahead, I think Burns is probably one of the best players in the organization that you could build around. I'm not so sure that the player you'd get for him in return would have that same type of billing.

Again, I'm not completely against trading Burns. I just don't think now is the time to do it. He's on a good deal with two years left. If anything, you've got to let him build back some equity before attempting to move him.

this providence is offline   Reply With Quote